Introduction to TMI Internal Bond Tester Model 80-20
The Internal Bond Tester is designed to determine the internal bond strength of a variety of Paper and Board materials according to TAPPI T 569. The instrument design is based on a falling pendulum which creates a high speed impact on a paper specimen.
The paper specimen is sandwiched between two double-coated tape substrates. The pendulum impact measures the total energy required to delaminate the internal fibers of a specimen in a “Z” type direction into two separate piles. The system also incorporates an automatic sample preparation station which allows five specimens to be accurately prepared simultaneously. The Prep Station requires a filtered air supply meeting IG4 Industrial Grade Air: ISO Class 1-4-1.
Features of TMI Internal Bond Tester Model 80-20
- Storage and editing of up to 500 readings
- Selectable units (ft.lb/in², J/m² and kg•cm)
- RS-232 serial output
- Report printout with built-in printer
- Magnetic hammer release and magnetic brake
- Automatic calibration
- Automatic specimen hold-down during test sequence
- Settable limits, statistics-average, standard deviation, high/low results
- Automatic cutting of samples saves you time and keeps you safe
- 5.7 inch LCD color display with 320 x 240 resolution
- 15 Character alphanumeric keypad
- 6 function keys for easy test setup
- 10 soft key icons allow simple intuitive navigation of test functions
- Conforms to TAPPI standard T 569
I-Bond Prep Station
A precision sample Preparation Station with digital display and direct read out in kPa and psi units is available to prepare up to 5 test pieces at the same time. The Sample Prep Station is supplied to provide a consistent adhesive transfer when pressing the test specimen between the double-sided tape and aluminum platens.
Included with the Sample Prep Station are 5 aluminum platens with a sample size of 25.4 x 25.4 mm (1.0 x 1.0 inches). The clamping pressure is adjustable from 345 kPa (50 psi) to 1379 kPa (200 psi). During the pressing operation a selectable dwell time can be set by the operator from 0-4 seconds.
The factory setting is 3 seconds in accordance with TAPPI T 569. The system is designed with a reinforced anvil to prevent deflection during sample preparation.
The Prep Station requires a filtered air supply meeting IG4 Industrial Grade Air: ISO Class 1-4-1.
Supported Standards for TMI Internal Bon Tester Model 80-20
TAPPI T569 om 07
Internal bond strength (Scott type) This method defines a test that measures the energy required to rapidly delaminate a sheet-type specimen.