TMI Burst tester Model 13-60-00 EC 35 is specifically designed to check bursting strength of Paper and foil samples.
The Burst Tester is designed for measuring the bursting strength of fabric materials with an increase in hydrostatic pressure. This pressure is applied to a circular region of the specimen via an elastic diaphragm. The specimen is firmly held round the edge of this circular region by a pneumatic clamping device. When the pressure is applied, the specimen deforms together with the diaphragm. The bursting strength corresponds to the maximum pressure supported by the specimen before failure. Identical, in the principle to the multi-directional tensile test, Ball Burst Method for Fabrics, this measurement is independent from the cutting direction of the sample (machine or cross) since the failure naturally occurs in the least resistance direction.
FEATURES of TMI Burst Strength Tester
• Pneumatic sample clamping pressure is measured with a transducer and displayed in bar/PSI.
• Compatible with GraphMaster™ PC based data collection and curve analysis software.
• Date of last calibration stored in memory (clamp pressure, bursting pressure, and height gauge).
• Menus allow programming to meet pre-defined test methods and international standards of bursting strength.
• Number of test performed with diaphragm stored in memory.
Supported Standards for TMI Burst Tester
ISO 2758, ISO 2759, , ISO 1328-2:1999, ISO 2960, ASTM D 3786 , ASTM D-774, BS 4768, TAPPI T403, TAPPI T807, TAPPI T810